Photos of the Week1
PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
A long end to the college Football regular season which equals a huge win for Kentucky and a miserable end to Louisville’s and a spur by a hometown hero (Brohm), and hopefully a new beginning for another team in high school basketball. The high school basketball season is officially here.
- 1. It took more than a facemask by a Louisville defender to slow down the Kentucky scoring machine. In the final regular season game of the college football season, the Wildcats pounded the hopeless Cardinals and punched a ticket to the Citrus Bowl against Penn State on New Years Day.
- 2. Elizabethtown newcomer Ellie Taylor found the going rough against a Campbellsville defender in the season opener for the defending 5th Region Champions. The Lady Panthers won going away, 65-27 and also took another game over the weekend against Henderson County in the Independence Bank Classic in Owensboro Catholic.
3. Breckinridge County’s Isabelle Grimes traps a Daviess County ballhandler in the Lady Tigers press. The Lady Tigers won 56-44 and are off to a 4-1 start with their only loss to Christian County 46-44 in the Independence Bank Classic. The Lady Tigers will face undefeated North Hardin on the road tonight at 8:00 pm.
4. Much like North Hardin, Central Hardin has been a pleasant early surprise with a 2-0 start and wins over both Nelson County and Hazard. Here Lady Bruin Madelyn Ditto battles sophomore Hallie Breeding for the ball.5. Marion county head basketball coach Montrelle L. Irvin calls out signals as his Knights pulls off an early season opening win over Bardstown, 85-68. The Knights also beat Washington County 94-72 and are getting big performances out of Tyshay Epps and Jamison Epps as well.
6. Marion County girls head coach Kelly Wood consoles Bardstown’s Kandence Walls after the Lady Knights 56-48 opening season win on the at Bardstown. Both Wood and Walls at one time were both at Nelson County and Wood coached Walls and her two older sisters Lakin and Marly.
8. Former North Carolina basketball and NBA star J R Reid shouts encouragement to his Monmouth players as they take on Kentucky last Wednesday at Rupp Arena. Reid, also player with color commentator Rex Chapman at Charlotte.
9. UK’s P J Washington dunks one against Monmouth last Wednesday.